Do you have a literature review to write and don’t know how to complete it? No need to stress out about this type of assignment: you can easily finish it in just a couple of hours without spending too much time on if you use the tips from our article. On this page, you will find all the information you need in order to write an excellent literature review that will impress your prof.
The Best Tips on How to Write a Literature Review
If you were searching for the answer to “How can I write my literature review?” question, here, you will definitely find it. These are some of the best tips that will help you write an outstanding literature review and earn a good grade:
- Think about the proper sources for finding information. In order to write a good literature review, you will need to gather useful resources first. These days, you can access all kinds of databases, websites, as well as journals and articles that will help you find all the necessary facts and research about your topic.
- Use keywords to find resources. This is the easiest way to find any useful source in seconds. Some of the best databases for that are Google Scholar and JSTOR. All that’s required from you is just to type the keywords in a search bar, and the results you are looking for will pop up right after that.
- Choose the most relevant sources. You won’t have to use every single source you find. You should take a closer look at each piece of information and where it comes from in order to decide if the chosen source can be trusted and used for your literature review. Form a list of all sources and sort them out by relevance and priority.
- Take notes. Now is one of the hardest parts since you will have to go through all the sources you have found and take notes of everything you have read so far. Divide your information into different categories: for example, you could create such categories as patterns, analysis, descriptions, conflicts, etc.
- Look for common trends and themes. You should find connections between the sources of information and the topic of your review. Sometimes, it might lead to interesting results and ideas that you can use in your assignment too. Think about some possible gaps and pieces of information that you have missed and address those as well.
- Create an outline. Any type of writing assignment requires an outline, and review is not an exception. If needed, study other examples of reviews to choose the right structure. The most important parts of a literature review are the introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion, but you can also add other parts as well if you find them important for your writing.
- Write the first draft. After you have completed all the research and prepared the outline for your review, you can start writing the first draft for the assignment. Remember that the first draft is not the final draft. There is always a way to make your writing better. This is why you should go back to the first draft after some time and find parts that can be rewritten, restructured, or deleted.
- Use writing services. These are a great way to finish your assignment in short terms without trouble. But you should keep in mind that not all writing services can be trusted, and because of that, it is important to pick those that are reliable.
- Check your writing. Don’t forget to check your literature analysis after you are done writing. There are many amazing and free tools that you can use to edit your paper. Such apps as Grammarly and Hemingway App are great ways to check your review and make sure it is flawless. You can also ask someone to read your paper and share their thoughts with you. Don’t hesitate to do that since usually, it turns out to be not as nearly as scary as you thought it would be.
Complete Your Literature Review with Ease
The literature review can be a pretty hard type of assignment that requires some time and effort. But it is not going to be that hard if you use the tips from this article and start working on your paper as early as possible. And remember if you feel overwhelmed with all the tasks you have to work on, you can always ask someone for help. There are also many great services that assist students with their papers, so instead of worrying about not being able to write the paper on time, you can use such services to get done with your literature review in the shortest terms possible.
Kimberly Austin is a contributing ghostwriter at DoMyPapers.com. She finds great pleasure in teaching English and helping students Across the globe adopt creative approach to essay writing.