This page provides information about Amazon's Kindle Fire eReader. Our books are offered in formats compatible with Kindle Fire, so you can easily enjoy our library.
Please note that while we do try to get you the most accurate information about Kindle Fire, we provide no warranty to the accuracy of the information presented on this page.
Amazon Fire HD 10
NOOK GlowLight Plus
Galaxy Tab S2 Nook
Galaxy Tab E Nook
Galaxy Tab A NOOK 7"
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition
Kobo Aura One
The Kindle Fire is so popular that it is offered in multiple models or versions, which Amazon calls the Kindle Fire Family. Models start at $49.99 but range from a feature-packed and pricey HD 10 model (which we reviewed separately in this guide) to standard Kindle Fire devices with either 7 or 8-inch screens. There are also special Kids Edition models designed for younger readers. If you shop for refurbished or used devices you can also still find some older 6-inch Kindle Fire models.
The latest generation Fire HD 8, for example, has an 8-inch display, can be ordered with as much as 32 GB of storage, and boasts Amazon Alexa capability. The Fire HD 8 Kid’s Edition is similar, but includes a kid-proof shock resistant case. With the Kids Edition of a Fire tablet you can have access to special children’s content, plus built-in parental controls.
- The Fire Family offers lots of models, and each has the capability to do much more than just act as an e-book reader device.
- The newest generation HD 8 is 50 percent faster than the Fire 7 model that preceded it.
- The newest HD 8 has twice as much internal storage compared to older models. Fire HD 8 comes standard with 16 GB. Expand your tablet’s storage by up to 256 GB using a microSD card.
- Fire HD 8 features a 2 MP rear-facing camera for taking photos or shooting 720p video. The front-facing VGA camera is perfect for Skype calls with friends and family.
- Fire HD 8 offers up to 12 hours of battery life.
- The Fire tablets don’t have the ultra-elegant “real book” look of an advanced Kindle e-reader. If you don’t intend to use your device for other activities like surfing the internet or playing games and watching movies, and are just using it for reading, a Fire may not be the best for you.
- Screen Size: 8"
- Screen Type: LED
- PPI: 189
- Supported Formats: Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, M4V, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, MKV, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 (WEBM)
- Storage: 16GB
- Dimensions: 5" x 8.4" x 0.4"
- Weight: 13 ounces