"Barefoot" wine goes great with this recipe-- called: Sweet Red
12. The Fresh Berries With White Chocolate Sauce Drizzle-Fizzle
* One or 1 1/4 cup of any brand combination of fresh berries
* Two once bag of white chocolate chips
* Quarter or 1/4 cup heavy cream -- by 'Reddi Wip' or your favorite whip cream.
Add the freshly bought berries on your baking sheet and put it in your freezer until it gets almost frosty. This will get the berries nice and cold to enhance the warm chocolate sauce.
Add the white chocolate chips and cream into the top of a double boiler.
Pour water into the double boiler-- just a little to cover the bottom --and now, turn on medium-high heat; Now, bring water to a boil, turn your heat down to let simmer, and set the top of the double boiler insert into the bottom.
Now stir the chocolate and cream together while sitting on the hot water.� Continue to keep stirring until chocolate is melted into the cream and becomes a smooth sauce.
Now take the cold berries and put them into two small ice cream bowls and pour whats left-over of the warm white chocolate over the top.
This creates 2 snacks.
13. The Frosty Banana Peanut Butter Sticks
* Three ripe bananas
* Quarter or 1/4 cup of peanut butter
* Quarter or 1/4 cup chopped-up nuts
* Six pop-sicle sticks
Peel and cut the bananas in half (crosswise.)
Force a pop-sicle stick into the cut end of each banana half.
Evenly spread your peanut butter onto the banana halves-- now then, roll and press into the chopped-up nuts.
Place in your freezer for about least 2 or 3 hours.
This is a great snack to eat, for when you wake up in the middle of the night. A healthy late night snack!
14. The Garden Time Quesadillas
* One fresh large carrot, peeled and finely grated
* Two little zucchini, wash with cold water and finely grated
* Eight little sun-dried tomato tortillas by Red Gold or Store Brand
* One cup of shredded 'Colby' Jack cheese
* Your favorite 'Hot' sauce or Salsa sauce
Add the grated carrot and zucchini in a tupperware bowl and stir together.
Separate this mixture equally on 4 of the tortillas (the other four will be the tops.)
Separate the cheese equally over the top of the carrot & zucchini blend on tortillas.
Dab a some 'Louisiana Hot sauce or Salsa' (or both) on top of each tortilla blend.
Top each of the 4 filled tortillas with the other 4 tortillas and press down slightly.
Grab a skillet and heat -- over medium-low heat. (Use a little olive oil or use a non-stick spray).
After the skillet is hot, place a completed quesadilla in and cook until tortilla slightly golden brown (you can cover the skillet if you wish for the first few minutes to get the inside & outside for cooking better), ---Now, flip carefully and cook until other side is golden browned.� Take out and put them to the side; repeat the process again for each quesadilla.
You may want to cover the quesadillas when you take them out to keep them warm and make sure that the cheese melts.
Creates 4 quesadillas.
15. The Healthy Anytime Freezer Pops (Great Summer Treat)
* One (8 oz) container lemon yogurt
* Two cups of seedless watermelon, cubed
* One pint of fresh strawberries, hulled
* One medium ripe banana, peeled and sliced
* Eight (7 oz size) paper cups
* Eight plastic spoons
Add your favorite yogurt brand and the fruits in your blender, cover, and blend until it looks like a smoothy.
Place Spoon or spoons in the paper cups and put then in your freezer.
Freeze until it looks slushy; For about 45 to 55 minutes.
Place a spoon into each of the cup or cups, then continue to freeze until solid, for a few more hours.
Once they are completely ready to eat, get out one paper cup and place them on your counter-top and let stand for about 5 minutes or so, then peel off paper cup and consume, using spoon as handle.
Kids Love This Treat -- And it's healthy too!
16. The Hungry Late-Night Thai Noodles
* Four cups of water
* Two (3 oz) packages Ramen noodles (without the seasoning packets)
* Two cups of your favorite store brand bagged coleslaw mixture, or shredded head of cabbage
* Three Tablespoon of peanut butter
* Four teaspoon of fresh squeeze lime juice or natural store brand
* One Tablespoon of hot chili sauce (Furmaro's Chilli sauce, Frank's Red Hot Chilli sauce)-- or store brand
* peanuts, (optional)
Add cold water in a large saucepan or pot and let boil.
Take away saucepan from the heat, add the 'Ramen' noodles, toss to break up, cover saucepan and put to the side for a few minutes or so.
Strain the 'Ramen' noodles into a strainer -- place in a bowl, --don't forget to keep the liquid.�
Put the strained 'Ramen' noodles into a big tupperware bowl and add (Half or 1/2 cup of the liquid.
Add the left-over ingredients to the tupperware bowl with the 'Ramen' noodles and stir or mix well together --until the peanut butter melts down.
Taste and season with sea salt and pure ground pepper if needed.
17. The Italian Style Seasoned Mixed Snack
* Six cups of rice or corn cereal shaped squares
* One bag (ten once sized) mini pretzels
* One bag (ten once sized) little whole wheat crackers
* One small box or bag of oyster crackers by (Nabisco or store brand)
* One cup of almonds, chopped-up
* Half cup of walnuts, chopped-up
* Quarter or 1/4 cup olive oil (Bragg Organic or Your Favorite Store Brand)
* Two Tablespoon dried Italian style seasoning
Turn your oven on and Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Add the cereal, pretzels, oyster crackers, and nuts in a large tupperware bowl.
In a different bowl, whisk together the olive oil and dried Italian style seasoning.
Sprinkle the seasoned oil over the snack ingredients and mix together.
Pour out on a large or medium size baking sheet and put in oven, cook/bake for 15 minutes or so, turning several times until crispy and lightly browned.
Take out and pour out onto a paper towel covered cooling rack.
Let the dish cool down--room temperature -- now, it's ready to serve.
You may store in airtight container for up to 1 month.
18. The Late Night Breakfast Sandwich
* Half or 1/2 cup 'Hellmann's mayonnaise' or your favorite brand
* Two Tablespoon of 'French's Dijon mustard' or your favorite brand
* One Tablespoon red wine vinegar
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or kosher salt
* Quarter or 1/4 teaspoon pure ground black pepper
* Half or 1/2 cup onion, diced/chopped
* Three celery stalks, diced/chopped
* Three hard-cooked boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
* Two or Three slices of thick bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
* Four slices of whole-wheat bread, toasted
* Two big leaves romaine lettuce, (optional)
Grab a glass bowl, mix together the Hellmann's mayonnaise, french Dijon mustard, red vinegar, sea salt, and pure ground pepper.
Put the onion, celery, eggs, and bacon and mix together easy. Take the toasted slices and spread butter, or mayonnaise, or mustard if you like-- to give it more flavor...now spread mixture evenly on toasted wheat bread and add to each sandwich with a lettuce leaf or romaine.
A wonderful meal eat somewhere between dinner and breakfast, especially when you're not quite ready to eat bacon and eggs.
19. The Little Whole Wheat Mixed Veggie Pizzas Snacks
* One Thomas whole wheat English muffin, break up and toasted
* Half or 1/2 of cup 'Hunts tomato sauce' or your favorite store brand
* One cup of mixed chopped fresh veggies of your choice (red onions, spinach, tomatoes, olives, eggplant, red bell peppers, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper etc)
* Half or 1/2 cup of 'Kraft Ricotta' or your favorite store brand
* Half or 1/2 cup of 'Kraft Mozzarella or your favorite store brand shredded
* One Tablespoon freshly chopped basil or One� teaspoon dried basil
Now, Preheat your oven to about 350 degrees.
Put the Thomas English muffin, cut side up, on baking sheet and add Hunts tomato sauce on top of each one.
Evenly distribute the cut up veggies between the two muffins.
Separate the ricotta in half and add over each muffin.
sprinkle a dash on each with the Mozzarella cheese.
Now cook/bake Thomas English muffins in the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes or so -- until nice and hot.
If you want like your cheese real gooey, you can turn the oven up a little� higher -- until cheese melts down and slightly browns.
Take out of the oven and sprinkle basil on top, then let cool on your counter-top enough to eat.
Makes 2 individual pizzas. If you want to make more -- you can double the recipe.
20. The Mid-Night Sweet Pumpkin Pudding Snack
* One cup canned pumpkin puree
* One package 'Jell-O instant vanilla pudding mix (sugar free)
* One teaspoon 'McCormick' pumpkin pie spice
* One or 1/4 cup whole milk or 2% milk
Stir together all the ingredients above and pour into separate pudding cups or ice cream dessert bowls.� Put in your refrigerator and let chill for at least 3 hours.�
21. The Mixed Veggie Salsa
* One cup of diced/chopped zucchini
* One cup of diced/chopped onion
* Two cups of diced/chopped red bell peppers
* Two cups of diced/chopped green bell peppers
* Two cups of diced/chopped Roma tomatoes
* Two garlic cloves, minced
* Half or cup of chopped fresh cilantro
* Quarter or 1/4 cup real lime juice
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt or Kosher salt
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon of pure ground black pepper
Grab a large glass or plastic tupperware bowl, add all the ingredients above, mixing gently together.
Cover with plastic wrap and put in your refrigerator for 1 hour or 2.
Serve as a dip with 'Tostito's tortilla chips or other snack cracker like 'Nabisco'. May also be used to top it off with scrambled eggs for a healthy late night meal or snack.
22. The Quick Black Bean Burgers
* One can of (Fifteen once size) black beans by (Bush's Best,Ortega or Progresso) drained One egg, Stir well
* Half or 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs by (Progresso or Store Brand)
* Quarter or 1/4 cup onion, diced/chopped
* Quarter or 1/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese by (Kraft or Store Brand)
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* Quarter or 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt or Kosher salt
* A pitch black pepper
Add the can of black beans in a large tupperware bowl and mash down with a fork or a potato masher --until mostly smooth.
Pour he remaining ingredients and stir until well blended well together.
Now grab a portion of the mixture and pat them down into patties burger style.
Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once it gets hot, gently add the bean burgers to your skillet; let cook to your liking ( medium rare or cooked all the way)--now, turn and cook the other side and do the samething.� Get a wonderful crunchy finish.
Now, your 'Quick Black Bean Burgers' is ready to eat -- grab your favorite hamburger buns----And Enjoy.
23. The Easiest Salsa Deviled Egg Snack Treat
* One hard-boiled egg
* One Tablespoon of 'Tostitos Chunky Salsa or your favorite Salsa brand)
* One teaspoon Dice/Chopped parsley
Slice the hard-boiled egg in half and take out the yolk --and add to a small tupperware bowl (set whites on a small plate.)
Combine the white yolk, add your Tostitos salsa or store brand --now, smash down firmly with a fork--just like you when you make your devils-egg.
Spoon the mixture into the empty egg whites.
Now, add a pitch of parsley.
You may, with this recipe create more than one snack...just double up on the mixed ingredients.
I suggested 'Tostitos Chunky Salsa' -- because it's made with all natural ingredients to enjoy a very healthy snack. It's okay to use store brands -- but read the label for to be safe and healthy when feeding your family!!
24. The Honey Carrots Dish (No Mess) Recipe
* One Sheet of (18x24 inches)Heavy Duty Store Brand Foil or Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
* One package of (Sixteen ounce) peeled baby carrots.
* Two tablespoon of brown sugar.
* Two tablespoons of raw honey or store brand (Natural).
* Two tablespoons of butter or margarine.
* Two tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
* Two teaspoon of fresh lime juice
Get your oven ready and set/preheat to 450 degrees or if you so choose, you may Grill instead -- medium to high heat.
Center baby carrots on sheet of 'Heavy Duty Foil' - sprinkle with brown sugar -- drizzle with raw honey and top with butter.
Take up foil both sides -- double fold top and ends to seal making one large packet -- making room for heat circulation inside.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes on a cookie/baking sheet in oven.
Grill 12 to 14 minutes in covered grill -- open foil...Stir in fresh parsley and lime juice before serving.
This recipe serves 4.
25. The Cranberry Apple Sweet Potato Packet Dish
* One Sheet of (18x24 inches) of Heavy Duty Store Brand Foil or Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil.
* Four medium size sweet potatoes -- peeled and cut-up into Quarter or 1/4 slices.
* Two Green Apples or Granny Smith Apples -- cored -- thin sliced into rings.
* Half or 1/2 of cup dried cranberries or you can add raisins instead.
* Half or 1/2 of cup brown sugar.
* Three tablespoons of butter or margarine, melted down.
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Now get your oven set/preheated to 450 degrees.
You can Grill -- medium to high heat.
Now position or center the sweet potatoes, green apples and cranberries on the sheet of heavy duty foil -- sprinkle with brown sugar -- now, add butter/margarine and cinnamon -- drizzle over brown sugar.
Now, take up both sides of foil -- double fold top and ends to seal making large foil packet, leaving enough room so the heat can circulate inside.
Baking time: 26 to 31 minutes on a baking/cookie sheet in your oven.
Grilling time: 22 to 26 minutes in covered grill -- once the sweet potatoes are tender -- it's ready to serve.
A Wonderful dish!
26. The Greek Style Grill Chicken Salad
* Quarter or 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth -- (your favorite brand).
* Two tablespoon of your favorite brand of 'Red Vinegar'
* One teaspoon of sugar.
* One dried oregano.
* Two teaspoons of olive oil (your favorite brand)
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon of Sea Salt.
* Half or 1/2 teaspoon of fresh pure ground black pepper.
* One minced garlic clove
* Four (4 once) boneless & Skinless chicken breast havles
* Cooking spray
* Eight cups of torn romaine lettuce.
* One cup of sliced cucumber -- on small or medium size will do just fine.
* Eight pitted kalamata olives, halved.
* Four plum tomatoes, quartered cut or to your liking.
* Sliced red onions, cut into ring style.
* Quarter or 1/4 cup of ( one once ) crumbled feta cheese
Now get your boiler or grill ready.
Add the first 8 ingredients into a small tupperware bowl - put two tablespoons of dressing into another bowl and stroke or brush the chicken -- now put the remaining dressing to the side.
Place chicken breasts on your grill/boiler pan coated with cooking spray -- now cook for 6 minutes on both sides until the chicken breast are done.