After hours of reading countless books on psychology and motivation, Metal Mindset was finally born, and, since its induction, has literally transformed and created real direction and purpose in the lives of a world that is faced with higher depression and obesity rates than ever seen before.
Metal Mindset separates two types of people in the world: those who want to embrace it and create meaningful purpose, motivation and success In their life....and those who want to fight against it. I have been both and I know I will never be in the latter ever again.
Ok, let's get started! Go grab a highlighter and let's give Metal Mindset some life. I can honestly say with absolute confidence that there will be at least one thing on every page of this book that you are going to want to highlight and incorporate into your daily routine.I'd just like to add...read allchaptersin sequence asone buildsonto the previous. Here's to your success,Mark,
Ihave justfinished reading MetalMindset.Wow,Ican'tbegin to tellyou howspoton this bookis.ForyearsIhave been involved in personallifestyle developmentasa personal trainer,and overmyfive yearprofessionalcareerIhave nevercome acrossanything that hashelped me asmuch asthishas.Inowhave anotherstring to mybowthatisallowing me to provide greatervalue notonlyto myclientsbutmyown personallife.The wayyou have presented yourconceptsand techniquesin regardsto mindsetand goalsetting have trulygiven me insightinto where the realresponsibilityforsuccesslies.
Thiswontbe the lasttime Iread yourbook.Yourconcepts,techniquesand viewson lifestyle transformation are invaluable and Ican'twaitto implementtheminto mylife as wellasincorporate theminto myclientsprograms.
Foranyone who islooking to turn itaround orjustcreate newmotivation and direction, MetalMindsetisa mustread.Thanksforspending so much time reading the booksIdidn't wantto,honestlyIwould nothave known where to startand neitherwould so many others.
Ireallybelieve thisisa greatread foreverybody.
MetalMindsetishandsdown the simplestand easyto understand bookIhave everread in regardsto Mindset.Itisdefinitive and straightto the point.Ihave been using yourGoals Setting templatesnowfora couple ofweeksand Ican reallysee howthissimple daily technique notonlyformsdirection,Ifeellike Iambeing more productive and achieving more.PeterBend –KA HiMark,
Ihave justread you smalle-bookon mindsetand Ihave read justaboutallofthe books outthere. 90%ofthe booksoutthere are fullofpeople'slife stories.You have leftallthe BSoutand given me whatIwanted,so thanks.Love yourgoalsetting strategy!Tonita Brenton – L.A. It's always been my goal to give motivated people a product that's worth 5 times more in value than what they paid for. I know the price of Metal Mindset is too low, but as a new livethislifecustomer, I want to demonstrate this policy first hand.
I have decided to offer you over $200 of FREE VALUE for my livethislife10-week Transformation Program just because I can see you are serious about changing your current lifestyle.Please accept and enjoy this offer as a personal gift from me to you.
If, after reading this book, you decide that you truly are one of those people who take action and who want to embrace what you have learnt here...and create meaningful purpose, motivation and success in your life, then...
Visit: www.livethislife.com.au/myprogramand see how you can start applying Metal Mindset to improve your personal health, whether it be to lose weight, have more confidence, increase your energy levels and transform both your mind and body... see what others are saying about my livethislife10-week interactive lifestyle Transformation Program.This program takes what you'll learn today to an entirely new level and is the most comprehensive “lifestyle transformation” strategy of its kind. Thanks for 'Flicking the Positive Switch',
Your going to learn a lot. I am pretty straight to the point so make sure you read every sentence or you may miss out on a crucial point that might have a significant impact on your mindset transformation.Now, before we get started, I just want to share a few things with you that I think you need to understand.
Firstly...understand that we as humans find it extremely hard to change the process of our thoughts. Trust me, when I was down and out five years ago, I really struggled to comprehend that I was ever going to find a way out.
Fortunately for you, I have been there, trapped in that mental prison, and now after reading over fifty books on the subject and attending seminars by great motivators such as Anthony Robbins, I am able to confidently say, I have developed a proven and simplistic strategy that will transform your thought processes if you apply them with consistency and regularity.When I look back on those times, the only person that could really have helped, was me. I had to flick the positive switchand convince myself that I needed to do something.
So here's my confession to you so you know I'm no psychologicalmagician, but rather just another struggling 20 year old that made a decision and a pact to himself to never accept negative regressive thoughts again.I got started in the lifestyle industry when I was 26 and had very little money.
• I started out by reading and researching as much as I could about the human thought process and how much of an impact it had on the programming of our mindset.• I have put an extensive amount of research into Nutrition, Flexibility and Exercise but first things first: the biggest hurdle of all, Mindset.
• I spent all of my money on knowledge products and mentors and at the time I was making very little money. I was on a mission to build my mind and body to a state that reflected nothing of my past five years.
• I was annoying and persistent, yet that didn't deter me from where I was headed and finally, after three years, I had reclaimed that positive vibe and bounce that I once had as a kid.
I had totally transformed my mind, body and day to day strategies which were working wonders. I had formed very high energy, confidence and motivation levels and I was in great shape. I was at a stage of my life where I started to expect greater things of myself. I no longer wanted to work for anybody else but myself so I adjusted the mindset dial once again.
• I was sitting down contemplating various business opportunities online one day when it dawned on me to start something of my own. I thought to myself, why not develop a program using the best strategies and techniques that I have acquired from all of the information, books, videos and seminars I had paid for.• I started to piece it all together and really questioned myself on what had the most impact on my transformation. I literally picked everything apart.
• The result, livethislife 1 a fully interactive 300 page step by step, day by day, digital lifestyle program incorporating Goal Setting, Nutrition, Flexibility and Exercise like no other.
It's been an honour and a privilege to see livethislifegain as much popularity as it has, and that is why I am in a position to form such high expectations. “My mission atlivethislifeis to transform 100,000 lives and donate $1,000,000 to cancer research by 2020”.This should leave you with one distinct question... What in the world happened during the two year period of my life when I was down and out that made such a difference to enable me to turn it all around and form a Metal Mindset? Well that's a great question and that's exactly what I'm going to teach you in this book. Let's get started shall we? “ The only prerequisite you need for success is to be alive”
Whether or not you have ever been in this state of mind, has nothing to do with having sufficient or insufficient time. It has everything to do with complaining, after all, complaining is the negation of happiness and let's face it, you can't complain and be happy at the same time; it's just not possible.“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be”
My advice...keep your distance because this disease in people is insidious and contagious and can bring you down like the flu. Have you ever been around a group of people who just flat out complain all day, every day, that nothing ever goes their way, and everything is always too difficult or too hard?
I have, and this was at the lowest point in my life, and perhaps the main contributor to my mental demise those many years ago. You see, I was once quite a successful basketballer representing my State plus winning a National Championship in the Australian Basketball Association in my younger days, yet, somewhere along the way, I lost motivation, and allowed myself to get tangled up with this insidious crowd who managed to bring me down to their level....
They were just like leaches, sucking any success or motivation I had. Now that I look back, I can see that they did this because they felt threatened, insecure, envious and intimidated. They weren't prepared to climb up to my level so instead they dragged me down to theirs.Unfortunately, 80% of the world is geared this way so my advice to you, spend as much time as you can around successful people so you live and breath positivity. To minimise the risk of self doubt, don't expose yourself to it in the first place; it's that simple. I found out the hard way! Once you start letting in negative thoughts and unmotivated people, it has the ability to mutilate, cripple and corrode your own spirit.
Perhaps the most telling signs of a person broken by negativity is obscured vision, which causes you to become confrontational, apathetic and cynical and, let me assure you, my parents could vouch for that at the time!To make it absolutely clear what types of behaviour and people we are trying to avoid here, let's just review the types of negative effects:
1. Domplaining: Don't do it, it's worse than doing nothing. Everytime you complain, you dig a deeper hole for yourself and it only makes it harder to climb out. If you start, stop it, and replace it with something positive. Turn your bad habit into a good one.
2. Negative attitude: None of life's problems have ever been fixed looking for someone or something to blame. You have no alternative but to make positive thinking work for you. The glass is half full....start appreciating what you have, instead of scarring yourself with what you lack.
3. Stress less: Do what makes you happy more often and replace this with worrying less about what you're not doing. Stress not only has the potential to damage the immune system, it delays success and saps energy and motivation.
4. Negative people: Remove yourself from these people. Negative people try and bring you down to their level instead of rising up to yours. They prevent themselves from seeing any good around them. Follow and socialise with positive people.
5. Selfishness: This is a dominant trait of negative thinkers. People who haven't grown up yet, firmly believe that the world should revolve around their wishes, therefore become unhappy if their childish desires are not fulfilled. This poisonous attitude stagnates them and prevents them from growing and learning to deal with life's challenges.
6. Negative affirmations: Any negative talk to ourselves or others is a subconscious form of programming. The human brain absorbs like a sponge so what we say to ourselves or others, we believe, so any form of negative affirmation is just setting us up for failure and disappointment.
7. Negative imagination: We form beliefs through imagination. By allowing negative images into our head, we create a world that we are forced to live in. In other words, what we see we believe so put a stop to all forms of negative imagery.
8. Impatience' Impatient people spend their time looking for quick fix solutions that don't exist and become frustrated when they fail to find one. Anything worthwhile in life requires effort and persistence therefore, if you lack these qualities, you achieve nothing.9. epression' Those that fail to work on improving their negative attitude will more than likely face depression, self pity and hopelessness.
10. Infection' Negative people are not only harmful to themselves they are harmful to the rest of the world. Negativity is infectious so remove yourself and only promote, live and encourage positivity. Success is a direct reflection of positivity.
Remove, reverse and replace all ten aspects with positivity and you will see some amazing life changing results. If the people in your life don't accept your new positive attitude, separate yourself and move away from them.“You are free the moment you do not look outside yourself for someone to solve your problems”
By implementing positive strategies and techniques into your daily routine, you have the power and ability to override and eliminate any negativity, but, the most important thing to remember is that changing your mindset takes time and is a true reflection of a diligent process.In order to change what you believe and how you think, you need to start investigating the ideas and traits of the people you admire or who you deem are successful. You have already started this journey with Metal Mindset so continue on and remember knowledge is power.
Expose yourself to as many motivational and inspirational books and seminars as you can. Even if you don't learn anything new, chances are you will reinforce what you already know and this is more productive than doing nothing.Unless you expose yourself to the ideas of positive and successful people, habitual negative thoughts and lifestyle will not produce a person with a positive mindset.
A positive mindset is a way of life and lifestyle that sets you apart from people who are negative and miserable, therefore, if you are going to be successful you need a positive plan for action which is where I am taking you with Metal Mindset...
So think with diversity as it is a key ingredient for change. You must be prepared to be mentally flexible by taking on board opposite point of views contrary to your own opinions and beliefs. Always give people a chance...from there you can decipher whether or not this person is of value to you or worthy of your time.
Positive people can recognise good opportunities and realise their potential. Negative people fail to recognise opportunity when it is presented to them. Positive people expect to succeed and negative people expect to fail. Whether you believe you can or cannot achieve something, you are right. So why not believe that you can.
Having a positive or negative mindset is simply a choice. Choosing to have a positive mindset will allow you to attract amazing opportunities and successes in your life. Choosing to be negative will only attract more negativity and failures in your life. How will you choose to live your life?I know your answer is with a Positive Mindset! Well done, you've have justFlickedthePositive Switch!, so it's time to get started and address the techniques and strategies you can incorporate into your daily routine. Ok, here we go...fire up thewelder;it's time to piece together your Metal Mindset: B. Positive ,alk for ,ransition H. riven to ream 6. )oal Setting to Change Mindset A. ;ictory Begins with ;isualisation I. My Positive Persona F. 5ifestyle 5evitation “Be good to yourself. Be kind. Be Forgiving. Be patient. After all, you're all you've got”
Positive self-talk means purposely giving yourself positive reinforcement, motivation, and recognition and is undoubtably the most neglected and overlooked requirement of our day to day progression. Congratulate yourself when you do well, and remind yourself of your abilities, accomplishments, strengths and skills.
You have to learn to make self-talk work for you so commit to it. Positive affirmations have a very profound impact on your self-image, your self-esteem, and your performance as well as eventual success.
Your subconscious triggers physiological responses to match the pictures and thoughts that you have of yourself to make them happen. Make this work for you by keeping your self-talk positive. (
Build .uccess With Positivity
I don't think
I Don't Have The Time
I'm Afraid Of
I Don't Believe
Expect the best
I Will Make The Time Positively
I Am Confident
I Do Believe
Ok, like I said before, you have to find something that works for you. Here are 2 variations of little self-talk phrases that you can use, so see what works best for you. For the purpose of this exercise, the emphasis is on 'I' and “You think'. There is no right answer, so put some emotion into each when you say them and see which one works best for you:1. 'I' am brilliant! 2. 'YOU' think I am brilliant! Now, the reason I have given you both is because, as humans, the majority of us are programmed to reject self praise.
This is a reflection of our programming as a child. If you were fortunate enough to be brought into the world and grow up around the positive 20% of people, then chances are example number 1. 'I' am brilliant will work better for you.
For the remaining 80%, example number 2. 'YOU' think I am brilliant, will work better initially. A large majority of us are programmed to reject self praise. By using the words 'YOU think', we are able to bypass this mental barrier by tricking the brain into believing it has come from someone else. You see people in this bracket value the praise and opinions of others more than their own.Over the next twenty four hours try both affirmations and see which one generates the best positive emotion for you. Remember, they were just two examples that you can use so don't dwell on it too much because I will be teaching you the exact same strategy I use towards the end of this chapter. Now that you can see how simplistic it is to use positive affirmations, I'll just take this opportunity to explain where to use them:
1. In front of the mirror.
2. Every time you brush your teeth.
3. Every time you wash your hands.
4. Every time you do your hair.
The reflection in the mirror will create real honesty in your positive affirmations and add more meaning and authenticity . Say them out loud with as much energy and charisma as you can....the more you put in, the more you get out...just like most things in life.
Repetition! Repetition! Repetition! - “It takes twenty one days to form a habit”. Don't expect miracles in the first week...it takes time and repetition for your brain to validate and absorb new information, especially when you are trying to override an existing habit or belief which has been ingrained for years or even a life time.Whenever you catch yourself using negative self-talk, stop and rephrase. Eliminate the negative words and focus on developing a positive affirmation that will overcome this negativity. Summary Before we look at the exact same strategy I use day in day out, let's just quickly go over the rules for forming positive affirmations: 1. Make the statements personal to yourself. Use the phrases “I am" , or , “You think I am“ 2. Keep affirmations short. How can you use affirmations if you cannot remember them?
3. Phrase your affirmations positively. Leave out any negative words. For example,“I am not nervous about my presentation “. Instead say “ I am extremely confident about my presentation" or “You think I am extremely confident about my presentation”4. Include a positive emotion. A phrase that triggers a positive emotion strengthens the affirmation. For example “I amexcitedby being positive."
5. Say your affirmations at least 6 times a day. Repetition is life. Repetition enhances selfconfidence, acts as a reminder, and stimulates your subconscious to help you achieve your goals in life. Even write some out so you will notice them each day.6. Use a mirror where you can and verbalise them with volume, energy and charisma. It cannot be overstated the impact that positive self-talk and affirmative statements have on your confidence and success in life. .trategy Ok, time to check out my daily strategy and how you can incorporate that into your daily routine and override you negative beliefs: 1. Create your very own positive affirmation palm card that will fit into the photo section of your wallet. a. ýIý Card :xample: b. ý-ouý Card :xample 1. I am confident. 1. You think I am confident. 2. I am successful. 2. You think I am successful. 3. I am attractive. 3. You think I am attractive. 4. I am intelligent. 4. You think I am intelligent. 5. I am motivated. 5. You think I am motivated. 6. I am positive. 6. You think I am positive. 2. Which ever card you decide to use, make sure your affirmations are of a personal emotional value. If you are unsure where to start, use one of my example cards. 3. Laminate or cover the card with clear packing tape. 4. Put the card in your wallet or save it as an image and set it as a backdrop on your mobile phone.
5. Rehearse your affirmations as soon as you wake up of a morning, in front of the mirror, after you have your shower, wash your hands, brush your teeth and before you go to bed.
6. On each card rehearsal, read each affirmation three times.
7. Make sure you affirm your card at least three times a day. The more times you enforce your affirmations, the quicker you will believe them.
Unfortunately, as we grow older, there are few people in our lives that reinforce the importance of dreaming. What usually happens is we grow old and forget to dream...Yet, we still manage to pass this advice on to our children.Am I too old to dream? Absolutely not! As long as I have time, I will have dreams. Now, when I say dreaming, I don't necessarily mean the ones you have when you are asleep at night, I'm talking about the ones you have conscious control over.
As we move forward in this book, I will teach you the difference between dreams and goals, but at this stage of your transition, dreams are a great starting point to provoke positive emotional inspiration and build a foundation for direction.
Dreams are aspirations that are unmeasurable and do not require achievement; they are simply fantasy thoughts and/or visions that give you an escape from reality to release some of the pressures associated with life.At this early stage, I don't want to confuse you....My goal is for you to evoke as many positive emotions as you can, when you think about what may lay ahead in the future.