The Bendersons: Kidnapped at K7 HTML version

I grabbed a few essentials like water and food and popped them in my little bag. O n an
afterthought, I slipped off my shoes. I'd been told they had tracking devices installed in them that
connected to the Walf's security system. I went over to the bookcase and pulled it open,
wondering what the hell lay behind it. I hesitated and then, torch in hand, stepped into the dark
As I walked on in my stocking feet, I could see a light in the distance. In my mind I thought
I would walk to the light and then come back. Trembling with fear, I took one step after another
and slowly made my way, expecting at any time for the Sirens to go off and I would be sent
away somewhere. There was just an eerie silence and after a short while I reached the light and
saw it had a sign below it. I put the torch down to read the sign and it said, “Exit is to the left.”
I stood there for a minute and thought I would try the exit way. I reached another sign that
said, “Bhutan 50 kilometers. “ Wow, holy crap! An underground tunnel that would lead us to
freedom. This was unbelievable, and what was more, it was a tunne l made with air conditioning
and small lights and tiled floors. I looked around for telltale signs of CCTV or any tracking
devices. There was none at all. I was glad I had remembered to take off my shoes since I would
not want to set off any alarms just ye t. I noticed a little further on another light in the distance,
but I thought it would be best to backtrack to my quarters before I was discovered.
Well this was nice to know that there was a possible escape route, I mused, but if it is correct
that Bhutan is 50 kilometers away then the journey would need careful planning before the
maneuver could be executed successfully. I backtracked, taking notice of which route I took, and
soon I was near the end where the light of my bedroom was shining into the tunne l. I had just
closed the bookcase, again carefully wedging it slightly open, and laid down on my bed when I
thought I heard somebody outside.
“K nock, knock,” an unfamiliar voice asked.
“Come in,” I said, pretending to be gathering my things to have a shower.
“Just a message from the Walf to start early and that he gives you his compliments for all
your hard work and he wants to see you after work tomorrow. Here is your purple slip for your
early entry and it has been micro chipped just in case the door won't open.”
“This is for 6.00 a.m., that is when the food trolley usually arrives or thereabouts,” I said,
thinking ahead to creature comforts. “