Standing in the Storms of Life HTML version
someone with a gun or a bomb, and you're done, just like that. But here it's more subtle. It's like it just saps away your
strength, a little day by day, until you become weak inside; and just no energy, and full of apathy. That's what comes
against us. We've got to fight that, speak against it. Today, every demon of apathy, indifference, passivity, you're
defeated before me! I'll arise in the strength of God today!
Come on church, we need to determine we're going to do that, determine we're goin g to do that, arise [Applause] in
the strength of the Lord! Be passionate about making Christ known! Halleluiah. Why don't we close our eyes right
now. I wonder just in this last moment or two, is there any person here who doesn't know Jesus? What a great day to
come to give your heart to Jesus. If you'd like to raise your hand, I'd love to pray with you. I'd love to pray with you, if
you don't know Jesus Christ. Becoming a Christian is about putting your life in Jesus' hands, it's about trusting Him to
break the power of sin. He's the one who'll make the change in your life. You don't have to try any more. You just
walk with Him, so today Jesus offers you salvation. Is there anyone ready to receive - I'd love you to raise your hand.
I'd love to pra y with you and lead you to Christ.
Those who are facing storms, why don't you stand right now. We want to pray for the power of God to come around
your life. You don't have to face the storm alone. Storms can be in marriage, family, finance, every part of our lives ,
spiritual storms, relational storms, whatever. Here's the thing: you're not alone. God says: I'm with you; two, there's
other people in the body are with you, even if you don't realise it; three, if you'll pray, God will help you, and show you
what to do.
Father, we just thank You today, for Your mighty power to help us through the storms of life. We thank You Jesus,
your word says: though I walk through the waters, they'll not overwhelm me; if I go through the fire, it'll not consume
me; for You are with me. You will hold me, You'll help me, You'll hold my hand. I thank You Lord today. Today we
release strength and encouragement. We stand against every oppressing, depressing spirit. In Jesus' name, we
command you to release your hold over the body of Chri st. We command you to release your hold over members in
this church. We command you to release your hold. Father, we pray great grace will come upon each one here today,
in Jesus Mighty name.
· 1 Cor.10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man, but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what
you able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape that you may be able to bear it”.
· T emptation = NT 3986= to put to proof, to put to the test.
· Every person faces pressures and diffi culties in life – storms can come unexpectedly.
· Storms = Financial, physical health, marriage, family, relationships, work, ministry.
· God Promises (i) You are not the only one facing this
(ii) God is faithful – never leav e – always help
(iii) You are up to the challenge (ev en if you think you are not)
(iv) God has a way to walk through the storm and grow
2. Confronting Your Storms
(a) Mark 4:35-41 T he Great Storm
(b) “Let us crossover to the other side” v35
· Jesus’ purpose and priority is clear – seek and save lost people.
· God always wants to reach people with the gospel.
· “Crossover” = leave your comfort zone to expand the Kingdom.
= Jesus’ mandate/direction to the harvest field.
· “Left the Multitude” = Left the place of success and achievement.
= Left the comfort of the crowd to pursue Father’s priority.
= Always costs something to focus on the harvest.
(c) A Great Wind Storm Arose (v37)
· “Storm” = NT2978= black thunder clouds, strong gusts of wind, torrents of rain.
· “Great” = NT3173= Mega – very big.
· Wind and rain beat upon the boat – all in imminent danger - sinking.
(d) 4 Different Kinds of Storms
(i) Storm of own Making
· You are reaping the consequ ences of actions or inactivity.
· Every person is responsible for choices and decisions.