Rest of Faith HTML version
4. Dealing With Your Anger
Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another as God in
Christ forgave you.”
· There is the remedy! But how to apply it?
(1) Identify who you are angry with
· Need to address the source of anger.
· Who do we hope we never see again?
· Who do we hope to payback?
· Who do we hope will severely fail?
(2) Determine what they owe you!
· Cannot be general, must be specific.
· What do you want, feel entitled to?
· What did they take?
ﾷ Until you know what’s lost you’re unable to relax
- What does this person owe you?
- What did they take?
- What do they need to do to put the matter right?
(3) Grieve the loss.
· You cannot just override feelings.
· How do you feel about the loss?
· Express grief constructively.
· Acknowledge the feelings that you have harbored in your hea rt.
(4) Cancel the debt, forgive.
Ephesians 4:32 “……., forgiving one another as God in Christ forgave you.”
· Jesus endured the pain and forgave, He released us from all debt.
· Make a decision – speak it out, release them from the debt.
· Have you made any bitter judgments?
· Renounce and cancel the judgments.
· Ask the Holy Spirit to forgive you fro holding wrong attitudes and for gri eving Him.
(5) Pray for the person to be blessed.
John 2:14 “We know we have passed from death to life when we love.”
Matthew 5:44 “Love your enemies……pray.”
· You are not free until your hea rt is free.
· Picture the person as you pray and release blessing over them.
ﾷ Jesus said “Come to Me and I will give you rest”.
The Rest of Faith (3 of 4)
Sun 30 Jun 2013 AM « Back to Top