Natural Skin Care Guide HTML version
https://www.naturalbeautycareguide.com/ - Free resource of Natural Beauty Care
1. How to identify your Skin Type
THE TISSUE TEST
Wash your face with a neutral (not made for a particular skin type) soap or cleanser
(such as Neutrogena for normal skin). Rinse with water. Pat try with a towel just
enough to absorb moisture do not rub. Wait one hour, and then blot your entire face
with one ply (or layer) of a large facial tissue. Press lightly all over your face and leave
for about one minute. Then remove the paper carefully and examine it near a window
or a light.
What do you see?
• If you see oil throughout the tissue, you most likely have oily skin.
• If you see oil only in the T‐zone (across forehead, down nose and chin), you most
likely have combination skin.
• If you see very little oil throughout, you most likely have normal skin.
• If you see no sign of oil at all, you most likely have dry skin.
• If your skin feels irritated or slightly itchy, you most likely have sensitive skin.
You’ll need to perform this test several times a year‐during spring, summer and winter‐
because your skin changes with the seasons.
Get valuable and useful tips on Natural Beauty Care and Natural Beauty Products