Interesting Facts HTML version
24 2006 8 12 21 55 5:55 AM
Facts of the Day
1. Adolf Hitler was Time's Man of the Year for 1938.
2. A violin actually contains 70 separate pieces of
3. It took approximately 2.5 million blocks to build the
Pyramid of Giza, which is one of the Great Pyramids.
4. The Sea of Tranquility on the moon is deeper than
the highest mountain on Earth.
5. The ﬁrst household refrigerator cost about
$16,000, in today's money.
6. A famous bullﬁghter, Lagarijo, killed 4,867 bulls in
the 19th century.
7. The largest pig on record was a Poland-China hog
named Big Bill, who weighed 2,552 lbs.
8. Carolyn Shoemaker, famous astronomer, has
discovered 32 comets and approximately 300 asteroids.
9. By recycling just one glass bottle, the amount of
energy that is being saved is enough to light a 100 watt bulb
for four hours.
10. In the United States, the ﬁrst cookbook was
published in 1796 and it contained a recipe for watermelon
Page 1 of 49