Hearing the Voice of God HTML version
are; and then ask the question: what are you going to do about what God was showing
you. Then we'll finish up our service.
If God says by His spirit: He says take heed what the Spirit is saying to the churches;
it'd be really great for us to be aware what God is saying, articulate it, and then know
what we've got to do to respond. Amen. My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me. In
other words, believers hear, and can identify what God is saying, then do something to
put it i nto action.
· Mk.1:17-18 ““Follow Me and I will make you become fishers of men. They immediately left
their nets and followed Him”
· Each of us is called by God to be connected to Jesus and to “Follow Him”.
· Foundational to following Jesus is hearing and responding to Him speaking.
2. Communication is Essential to Relationship
· Jn.10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”.
· If we belong to Christ we have the capacity to hear Him speak to us.
· Communication is essential to cultivate and develop relations.
Communication = active listening and responding.
· Without communication relationships wither and die, they become sterile.
· When did you last hear God speak to you?
What did He say to you?
What are you doing about it? – How are you responding?
· Jesus cautions (i) Gospels: He that have ears to hear – let him hear (8x)
(ii) Revelations: He that has an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches (7x)
· Mk.4:23-25 “For whoever has (ears to hear) more shall be given”.
· God speaks to us individually and corporately we must listen and respond!
· When we are no longer hearing the Holy Spirit we become passive, spiritually asleep.
· Two helps (i) Sundays: Bring Bible – take notes – listen for the Holy Spirit
(ii) Small Group: Ask one another questions – What is the Holy Spirit saying to you? How are
3. What does the Voice of God sound like?
· 1 Cor.6:17 “He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him”.
· We are joined spirit to spirit with Jesus – constantly connected to Him.
· He lives within our hearts and desires to reveal Himself within us.
· The more we become aware of His presence the easier to hear His voice.
· He is not some nebulous force but a person with thoughts, feelings, personality.
· Jn.7:37-39 “Out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water”.