First Principles HTML version
- T hat gift was given to T imothy by impartation.
- T imothy was known by Paul and the eldership and in relationship with them.
- T hrough prophecy the will of God was revealed – by laying on of hands it became effective.
- T here was a real impartation and a subsequent spiritual conflict over this gift.
- Paul also urged T imothy to stir up the gift and warfare using the prophetic word 1Tim.1:11-18.
iv) Deliverance and Healing
· Lk. 13:11-13 “Woman you are loosed from your infirmity, and He laid His hands on her…”
· Jesus spoke a word of command and it became effective as He laid hands upon her. T he tormenting spirit of infirmity departed from the woman and she
(b) Healing the Sick
· Mk. 16:15-18
5 supernatural signs are associated with preaching the gospel.
“These signs shall follow those who believe” – this is a faith ministry for all believers.”
“They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover!”
i) Healing the sick is connected to preaching the Gospel and demonstrating its power.
ii) Recover = to become well again.
- It is up to God how the person is made well and how long it takes to recover.
- T he healing may be instantaneous (a miracle) or they recov er gradu ally.
iii) Impartation of power
- T he person may feel a flow of power through them – warmth, electric.
- T he person may feel nothing at all.
iv) Faith is necessary (Mt.9:29 “according to your faith be it done unto you”)
- T he persons faith must remain active.
- People tend to wait until they feel better.
- People tend to focus on what has not changed i.e. focus on the sickness.
- People need to focus on what God’s Word says and stay active in faith
(a) T hank God for what He has done.
(b) Continue to confess the Word of God in the face o f neg ative symptoms.
- If the person lets go of active faith the healing may not be fully complete or may be lost.
v) Jam. 5:14-15 “If any among you be sick …”
- God expects believers to be connected with a local church and lead ers that minister.
- God expects believers who are sick to seek healing from Him first – call elders.
- OK to receive help from doctors but seek the Lord first – I believe God!
- Oil is symbolic only of the person and power of the Holy Spirit – Faith contact point.
v) Commissioning Believers
(a) Apostolic Commissioning
Act 13:1-4 “Having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them they sent them”
- Holy Spirit had already spoken personally into hearts of Saul and Barnabus.
- Holy Spirit spoke prophetically and publicly confirm ed their call and directed their going.
- Laying of hands was done to confi rm, commission, and confer authority.
- God had already gone ahead and prepared the way for them. (Act 14:16-17).
(b) Setting in of Lead ers
- Acts 6:2-7 “…and when they had prayed they laid hands upon them”
- T hey publicly acknowledged the choice o f these men and committed them to the task.
- T hey imparted authority and grace for the task.
Resurrection of the Dead (6 of 7)
Sun 3rd Apr 2011 AM « Back to Top
There is a difference between a person b eing raised from the dead, to extend hi s life and then die, and the teaching
of resurrection. Jesus was the first-fruits, the first-b orn to b e resurrected from the dead, and appear to many in a
resurrection body - immortal, incorruptible, able to vanish in and out, no longer constrained b y the physical world. He
was a pattern for all that is to follow. This teaching covers the first resurrection, 1000 year reign of Christ on earth,
and the second resurrection. Which one will you b e in?