Easter Service (2012) HTML version
unconditionally and He accepts you. You don't have to do anything really except
just to believe in His love and what He's done for you, so what we'll do is we're
going to lead you in a prayer. Prayer is just talking to God and as you talk to God
listen to the words I pray and make them your words. Speak them to God and He
will hear you.
Church, I'd like you also to just follow me in the sinner's prayer, so let's pray
together now. Father in heaven, I come to you in Jesus' name. Thank you for
loving me. Thank you for sending Jesus to die on the cross for my sins, and to
rise again from the dead. Lord, I have sinned. I've gone my own way, but today I
turn to you. Jesus, I receive you as my saviour. Please forgive all of my sins and
failures, and give me a fresh start. I receive your spirit into my heart. I receive you
as my saviour and I give you my life today. Before heaven and earth I declare
Jesus Christ is my saviour and Lord and my friend forever. Amen.
Summary Notes: Formated...
The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is foundation of the Christian faith.
The resurrection of Christ is the foundation of hope – confident expectation of the future.
Rom.15:13 “Now,the God of all hope fill you with joy and peace in believing that you may
abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”.
2. Great Power was released at Jesus Death
Mt. 27:50-54 “Then Jesus cried with a loud voice and yielded up His spirit”.
Great power was released from heaven into the earth at Jesus death.
a) Jesus Death – “a loud voice”
· The voice of a dying person is weak and soft.
· Jesus spoke out with full strength Loud =NT3173= Megas
· Shout of triumph, of victory over all his enemies.
· Col.2:14 “He wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was
contrary to us, and has taken it out of the way having na iled it to the Cross. Having disarmed
principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them and triumphing over them in it”
· He dealt with the issue of sin and its power to hold men in bondage.
b) Power Released
· The veil in the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.
· The earth quaked
· The rocks (hard places) were split in two.
· The graves were opened - consequences of sin exposed.
3. Great Power was Released at Jesus Resurrection
· Mt.28:1-4 “Behold there was a great earthquake …”
· There was a great (megas) earthquake (v2)
· The stone was rolled back (v2)