Design Your Imagination by Webguru India - HTML preview
Download the book in PDF, ePub, Kindle for a complete version.
What is Web Design?
Web design is used in the form of web application for websites on the Internet. A web design incorporates design and graphics that complement the content written for web pages of a site. The design may complement a content that has been prepared for business or individual purpose. A web design of a web page is mainly based on creativity and technologies such as use of HTML, CSS, ASP, SSL, PHP, XML and others. A website design is a collective work incorporating all the web pages of a site.
Web designing incorporates the processes from conceptualization to execution of the electronic media content with help of technologies via Internet. The technologies adapted to design a website should be suitable for the display by a web browser.
The web design of a site is primarily dependant on the type of content prepared for the particular website. The design should be consistent in regard to the topics that the contents deal with. But while website designing another important factor is kept in mind – the target audience. They should be pleased with the designing and page lay out. An ace quality designing is bound to attract viewers to the site. The viewers to the site looking for particular piece of information should be retained with a pleasing and appealing web design.
There are certain things that are kept in mind by web designers while designing a website:
- It should be consistent with the web content
- It should attract visitors
- It should be catchy enough to retain visitors
- It should be easily navigable
- It must aid in online marketing/promotional activities
A good website design is that, which fulfills all the goals or purposes of launching the website and that is developed within a short period of time with minimum amount of cost. Web design consists of web applications along with web content or texts. Images and graphics can also be included in a web page design.
Web pages are generally categorized as two types. The Web designs for these web pages are conceptualized accordingly. The two types are:
- Static pages: only a human user or the Web master of the site can update this kind of web pages. The content or the lay out of this type of web pages do not change by a request from the end user.
- Dynamic pages: this type of web pages is dependent on the input or requests made by the end users. The clients or the end users can modify the content of the web pages by using scripting languages.
While designing a website, the design should be relevant with the page content. The web design should be such so that it becomes user friendly. The appearance of a website depends a great deal on the web designing. Multiple disciplines of information systems, communication designs and information technology are combined together in a website design.