Design Your Imagination by Webguru India - HTML preview
Download the book in PDF, ePub, Kindle for a complete version.
What is Web 2.0 design?
Web 2.0 is a familiar term since 2004. This term was introduced for the first time in the O’ Reilly Media Web 2.0 Conference. According to many, Web 2.0 is a new trend of web design. To others it is a new trend of web development.
Web 2.0 design is one of the latest trends of technologies used for web designing. This new trend has certain benefits. It looks forward in enhancing the creative pursuits, sharing of information as well as creating a platform for association among the visitors of websites. The introduction of Web 2.0 design has helped the hosted services on the net and also the popularity of the web-based communities. The blogs, social-networking sites and similar kind of websites have steadily developed with Web 2.0.
While designing a website with web 2.0 design, certain useful tips can be followed:
• While using Web 2.0 design, large logos can be used. The bold and visually attractive logos attract more visitors.
• Bright and innovative icons can be used in Web 2.0 design. These icons are capable of creating more impact on the mind of the readers or visitors.
• Star shaped labels can be incorporated in Web 2.0 design.
• Aesthetic appeal can be enhanced with this new trend of designing web pages. The independent and methodical use of bright colors can be done with Web 2.0. Different sections of the website can be marked with different colors to make it more catchy and user friendly.
• Uploading too much of information on a web page is never advisable. The pages should be kept visually appealing while catering information that is rightly balanced with web design.
In the computer industry, Web 2.0 design has bought a kind of business revolution. Web 2.0 uses the web as a platform. The technologies of Web 2.0 initiates innovation in the web design. Web 2.0 offers a lot more to the end users. Based on the technologies of Web 1.0, the new technologies have been introduced. The users can make more use of the data available on the site. The users can even keep and retrieve data from Web 2.0 sites.
Participation by end users is a unique feature of using Web 2.0 design sites. Unlike the traditional websites, these sites allow more than just viewing the content. Previously, only the owners of the sites could maintain the web contents. Due to the interactive features of Web 2.0 design, it is often referred as ‘’participatory web’’. The rich content used with Web 2.0 design catches the eye of the visitors easily. The most essential attribute of it is users’ participation since it supports dynamic web content.
There are some basic features of Web 2.0 design:
• Cascading Style Sheets
• Weblog Publishing Tools
• REST and or XML – and or JSON based APIS
• Rich Internet Application
• Softwares for Forum and Wiki
• Internet privacy
• Syndication of data in Atom or RSS feed