Cooperation Between Rivals: Informal Know-How Trading by Eric von Hippel - HTML preview
Download the book in PDF, ePub, Kindle for a complete version.
(1) Richard R. Nelson, "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research,"
Journal of Political Economy 67, no. 3 (June l959):297-306.
(2) P. S. Johnson, Co-Operative Research in Industry: An Economic Study (New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1973).
(3) The Havamal, with Selections from other Poems in the Edda, as quoted by Marcel Mauss in The Gift: Forms and Functions of Exchange in Archaic Societies, trans. Ian Cunnison (Glencoe, IL: The Free Press, 1954), xiv. Mauss makes a study of patterns of gift giving in a number of cultures, and finds the practice typically associated with strong obligations for recompense to be provided by the recipient of a "gift".
(4) Edward L. Nemeth, "Mini-Midi Mills--U.S., Canada, and Mexico," Iron and Steel Engineer 61, no. 6 (June 1984):27.
(5) Ibid., Table 1, pp. 30-34.
(6) Donald F. Barnett and Louis Schorsch, Steel: Upheaval in a Basic Industry (Cambridge, MA: Ballinger, 1983), Table 4-3,p. 95.
(7) Authors who have empirically studied the net impact on productivity of minor process improvements find it to be large. See, especially, Samuel Hollander, The Sources of Increased Efficiency: A Study of Du Pont Rayon Plants (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1965); and Kenneth E. Knight, "A Study of Technological Innovation: The Evolution of Digital Computers," unpublished Ph.D. dissertation, Carnegie Institute of Technology, Pittsburgh, PA, 1963.
(8) Barnett and Schorsch, Steel: Upheaval in a Basic Industry, 85.
(9) Thomas J. Allen, Diane B. Hyman, and David L. Pinckney, "Transferring Technology to the Small Manufacturing Firm: A Study of Technology Transfer in Three Countries," Research Policy l2, no.4 (August 1983):199-211.
(10) Ibid., 202.
(11) Robert C. Allen, "Collective Invention," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 4, no.1 (March 1983):1-24.
(12) Ibid., 2.
(13) Ibid., 16.
(14) Robert Axelrod, The Evolution of Cooperation (New York: Basic Books, 1984).
(15) Edwin Mansfield, John Rapoport, et al., "Social and Private Rates of Return from Industrial Innovations," Quarterly Journal of Economics 91, no.2 (May 1977):221-40.
(16) H. M. Collins, "Tacit Knowledge and Scientific Networks," in Science in Context, edited by Barry Barnes and David Edge (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1982), 44-64.
(17) Ibid., 59.
(18) Edwin Mansfield, "How Rapidly Does New Industrial Technology Leak Out?" Journal of Industrial Economics 34, no.2 (December 1985): 217-23.
You may also like...
Navier-Stokes Equations: On the Existence and the Search Method for Global Solutions Science (Academic) by Solomon I. Khmelnik
The Challenge of Prosecuting Organised Crime in South Africa with Reference to Abalone (Haliotis Midae) Poaching Academic Articles by Ivy Chen
The Challenge of Prosecuting Organised Crime in South Africa with Reference to Abalone (Haliotis Midae) Poaching
This publication is the first of its kind, and the focus on how the South African criminal justice authorities come to grips with organised crime industry tha...
Formats: PDF, Epub, Kindle
Aesthetics Appeal In Food Presentation Its Effect To Customer Satisfaction Chapter 1 & 2 Academic Articles by EMA
Aesthetics Appeal In Food Presentation Its Effect To Customer Satisfaction Chapter 1 & 2
This study aimed to determine the effects of aesthetics in food presentation. Specifically, it seeks to answer the following questions the mean perception of ...
Formats: PDF, TXT
Aesthetics Appeal in Food Presentation and It's Effect to Customer Satisfaction Chapter 1 & 2 Free Previews by EMA
Aesthetics Appeal in Food Presentation and It's Effect to Customer Satisfaction Chapter 1 & 2
This Study Aimed to determine the effects of aesthetics in food presentation to Customer Satisfaction. Specifically, it seeks answer to the following question...
Formats: PDF, Epub, Kindle, TXT