Authority in the Family HTML version
do that? Take her out and ask her; just write down and take a note of the things, and think th rough how you might
start to work on them one by one, to help her feel safe and secure. Let's just bow our heads.
Father, we just thank You for this time together, You're teaching us and helping us. Father, I pray for every man here
that's never seen true manhood modelled; and who's struggled in this very area, and feels so inadequate. Father, I
pray that in the coming weeks they will begin to stand; and Lord, we will all arise to a new level of positioning in the
spirit of responsibility, of warfare for our marriage and family; and of capacity to lo ve our families and wives and be
responsible. Father, I'm praying for the women who've been hurt and damaged by irresponsible men, that You will
cause a great wave of healing to flow; and a new sense of safety co me in the church, as families and marriages
begin to orient around Your will and purpose. I pray for the single women here, especially those who are mothers,
Lord, that You'll help them stand up in their own right, to take dominion and authority, to stand in the place of spiritual
warfare, confident in their power that You have given to them. I pray You'll add senior men in the church, who'll come
alongside them, and say: would you like me to pray for you? Would you like me to stand with you in agreement? C an
I offer you some help and advice?
Father, I'm praying that men in the church would arise, and they'd begin to protect the young women from lustful men,
intent on doing nothing but destroying young women. I ask Lord, the young women begin to arise, speak straight to
the other young women, about the attitudes of their heart to men. Father, I'm asking over these next months, that the
church would come to a whole new dimension, in divine order in this area, in Jesus' name. Everyone said [Amen.]
I feel a tremendous sense of the presence of God, of His great compassion for people who are really hurt and
broken. There'll be some women here who will desperately need some help and advice what to do. Just go over the
tape, and go over the teaching, and ask God to show you. We've got counsellors in the church who can actually sit
with you and talk with you, and pray with you and walk with you, through some of these situations, or help you make
your stand. Men, put into practice what we've talked about. God will be with you all the way because He's chosen you
to represent His leadership in the family. Amen. [Amen.] Why don't we give the Lord a clap offering and thank him
BECAUSE OF T HE ANGELS
· 1 Cor 11:3 Christ is the head of the man, the man is the head of the woman.
· Head – role of leadership: authority God has designated to the man.
· Authority – greater value. Both husband and wife are o f equal value (Gal 3:28)
· Authority – how God has organised the roles to ful fil His purposes.
- responsible to protect those of lesser authority.
i. Man is the head (1 Cor 11:3)
ii. Woman is his help meet (Gen 2:18)
· 1 Cor 11:10 “For this cause ought the woman have power on head because of angels”
ought 3784 - to owe, is indebted, under obligation; benefit, gain advantage.
power 1849 - delegated authority, it is lawful.
- person delegated authority or legal right to exercise power.
· God calls the women to come under the leadership order He has established.
Submit – hupotasso – to arrange sel f in order or battle array beneath deleg ated authority.
· “Because of the Angels” – reason that women needs to position self.
Angel can be:
i. Angels of God
ii. Messengers o f Satan (2 Cor 12:7)
2. T he Interaction of Spirit World/Human World
a) God has creat ed an ordered universe
Ps 8:4-7 “You have made him a little lower than the angels”.
· God is a God of order – created an orderly universe.
· Rules and principles govern both natural and spiritual worlds.
· One of most important rules is one governing authority relationship.
· All created beings in universe are ordered in hierarchy of autho rity.
i) Angels - Archangels (Michael/Gabriel ) Cherubim, Seraphim, angels.
ii) Demonic Beings - Archangel (Satan) Principalities, powers, rulers, demons.
iii) Human Beings - to government; work; home; church.