Amock Comedy Magazine 1
SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Here’s a competition for the comedy writers amongst you, with the winner getting a
FREE website from Novel2ebook.com. Here’s the deal -
1. The short story must be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
2. It can be any genre but must have a strong comedy element and be suitable for a
3. It must be submitted as a MS Word file with the title and author’s name and e-mail
address at the top of the script.
4. The deadline is 28th February 2012.
5. The winner will be judged on the strength of the story and the quality of the writing
6. Winners will be announced in the February 2012 edition of E-Book Review.
7. The winner will get - A 20 page website designed and built by Novel2Ebook. A
domain name of your choice (subject to availability) complete with hosting for a year.
8. All entrants grant first digital publishing rights for their entry to Amock. Any
submissions used within the magazine will receive a fee.
9. The editor’s decision is final.
10. No correspondence will be entered into.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with Short Story Submission in the
TEACHER VOTED MOST POPULAR
Coventry teacher, Doreen Michaels (44) has been voted the most popular teacher in England by her pupils.
Doreen has been teaching fifteen year old boys English and History at Langley High School for the past ten
"I'm delighted with this award," she said yesterday. "It just goes to prove that my
teaching methods are effective. I try to engage with my boys and show them that
education can be interesting and entertaining as well as informative."
"She's the tops," said pupil Billy Wilson. "We always look forward to our lessons
with Mrs Michaels because she makes the lessons so interesting. Other teachers
can be boring but when Mrs Michaels is teaching every eye is fixed on her.
Doreen won the award in competition with teachers in every secondary school in
England. Pupils not only had to vote but give their reasons for finding a teacher
"We just said that she was friendly and very aware of the essential needs of fifteen
year old boys," added Billy. "She knows what we like, and that's why we like her."
Mrs Michaels is devoted to 60s fashion and likes to wear mini skirts.