7 Essential Oils - 100 Solutions by Julien Griffault - HTML preview
Download the book in PDF, ePub, Kindle for a complete version.
Let me tell you about the oils I have chosen to talk about in this particular E-Book. I have decided to base myself on a Young Living kit called the ‘Essential 7’ which groups the seven most popular and easy to use oils.
LAVENDER is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin, and has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. Wait to see all you can do with this one!
LEMON has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.PEPPERMINT is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, MD, studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems.
JOY — is an exotic blend of Lemon, mandarin, Bergamot, ylang ylang, rose, Rosewood, Geranium, Palarosa, Roman chamomile and jasmine that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy to the heartPANAWAY—is a blend of Wintergreen, Clove, Peppermint and Helichrysum. This blend was created by Gary Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments in his leg.
PEACE & CALMING — is a gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine, Orange, ylang ylang, Patchouly and Blue Tansy specifically designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits
PURIFICATION — is an antiseptic blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Melaleuca, Lanandin and Myrtle formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
THIEVES * — Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who protected themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. The proprietary Thieves® oil blend was university tested and found to be highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.
(*) This is where I cheat a little and add another blend to the 7 above mentioned oils. Te Thieves blend is not part of the Essential 7 kit but it should definitely be part of your must have oils. I believe this blend to be one of the most powerful and effective there is for 3fighting infections and viruses of all kinds and helping support the immune system.
GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
1. Always keep a bottle of pure vegetable mixing oil or any pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation. DO NOT USE WATER as essential oils are non-water soluble: using water will only spread the essential oil over a larger area.2. Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool location away from light. If stored properly, essential oils will maintain their potency for many years.
3. Keep essential oils out of the reach of children. Treat them as you would any product for therapeutic use.
4. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as peppermint) on the throat or neck area of children under 30 months of age.
5. Lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, White Angelica and other citrus oils may cause a rash or darker pigmentation if applied to skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays within 3-4 days of use.6. Keep essential oils away from eye area and do not put into ears. Do not handle contact lenses or rub eyes with essential oils on fingers.
7. Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essential oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as Clary sage, Idaho tansy, juniper and fennel.8. Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using essential oils. Avoid hyssop, fennel, and Idaho tansy oils.
9. People with allergies should test a small amount of oil on a small area of sensitive skin, such as the inside of the arm, before applying the oil on other areas. The bottom of the feet is one of the safest, most effective places to use essential oils.10. Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) essential oils internally, always dilute with an oil-soluble liquid like honey, olive oil or soy milk.
11. Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Bath Gel Base as a dispersing agent for oils in the bath.
I. Natural First Aid solutionsBlister Purification Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
Bruises PanAway Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising.
Cuts / Scars Lavender
Injury inflammation Peppermint
Insect bites Purification
Insect sting Lavender
Nose bleed Lavender
Poison ivy / poison oak
Sunburns Lavender Put a drop of Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the affected area.Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of an injury to reduce inflammation.
Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop itching.
Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue-covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with pure vegetable mixing oil.Spritz several drops of lavender oil mixed with pure distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain. Looking for more natural remedies for your home? Make sure to check out the essential oil testimonial