WordPress for Beginners: Easy as 1-2-3
Conﬁguring WordPress (Settings)
You can ﬁnd the general settings through “Settings” > “General” in the left menu. In this screen you can conﬁgure the basics
of your site setup.
• Site Title: here you can ﬁll in the title of your site / blog.
• Tagline: in a few words, explain what your site / blog is about.
• WordPress address (url): here you ﬁnd the url of your site / blog. Be careful when you change this!
• Site address: for regular installations, you can leave this ﬁeld blank.
• E-mail address: this address is used for admin purposes, like new user notiﬁcation.
• Membership: can everyone register to your site / blog?
• New User Default Role: what’s the role of new users (IF they can register)? Select “Subscriber” here. Users with more
experience can also select another default role here.
• Timezone: select your timezone.
• Date Format: select a date format.
• Time Format: select a time format.
• Week starts on: select the ﬁrst day of the week.
WordPress for Beginners, Easy as 1-2-3 by WPBrix.com & WordPressNinja.com (FREE beta edition)