When God Seems Silent
receive Jesus Christ, I'd love to just pray with you, come up and just let me know and I'll
pray with you. There may be othe rs tonight, and what you're needing is just us to lay
hands on you, and just to release a fresh flow of God's spirit moving in your life, to
speak to you. If you'd like that tonight, why don't you come on up here, but don't focus
on who's praying for you. Just come and stand, lift your hands. If you know God was
speaking to you about something tonight, and you've decided to act on that, just make
your way to the front. We're not going to find out all what it is, we'll just lay hands and
endorse it, and just bless you. I feel tonight there's an impartation, come on people.
Would you do that tonight, just come, come, people tonight needing to come. Let's just
stand together, let's stand. You know God spoke to you? Make your way to the front. If
you're wanting a release of this flow of anointing, of the spirit of revelation, make your
way to the front.
· Mk.1:17-18 ““Follow Me and I will make you become fishers of men. They immediately left
their nets and followed Him”
· Each of us is called by God to be connected to Jesus and to “Follow Him”.
· Foundational to following Jesus is hearing and responding to Him speaking.
2. Communication is Essential to Relationship
· Jn.10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”.
· If we belong to Christ we havge the capacity to hear Him speak to us.
· Communication is essential to cultivate and develop relations.
Communication = active listening and responding.
· Without communication relationships wither and die, they become sterile.
· When did you last hear God speak to you?
What did He say to you?
What are you doing about it? – How are you responding?
· Jesus cautions (i) Gospels: He that have ears to hear – let him hear (8x)
(ii) Revelations: He that has an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches (7x)
· Mk.4:23-25 “For whoever has (ears to hear) more shall be given”.
· God speaks to us individually and corporately we must listen and respond!
· When we are no longer hearing the Holy Spirit we become passive, spiritually asleep.
· Two helps (i) Sundays: Bring Bible – take notes – listen for the Holy Spirit
(ii) Small Group: Ask one another questions – What is the Holy Spirit saying to you? How are
3. What does the Voice of God sound like?
· 1 Cor.6:17 “He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him”.
· We are joined spirit to spirit with Jesus – constantly connected to Him.