Joomla 3 Newbie Guide
Joomla! 3 Newbie’s Guide
• New. Creates a new item and opens the editing screen for this item.
• Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected item. If more than one item is
selected (where applicable), only the first item will be opened. An item can
also be opened for editing by clicking on its Title or Name.
• Publish. Publishes selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
• Unpublish. Unpublishes selected items. Works with one or multiple items
• Featured. To feature your article on home page
• Archive. Archives selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
• Check In. Checks-in selected items. Works with one or multiple items
• Trash. Sends selected items to the trash. Works with one or multiple items
• Batch. Copy or Move articles in bulk from selected to specific category
• Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters
can be edited. See Options.
• Help. Opens this Help Screen.
• Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items,
check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked,
click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many
toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items.
Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are
checked and you press edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
• Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the
Menu. For an Article, Section, or Category, the Title may optionally be
displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for
editing by clicking on the Title.
• Access. Who can view this item? You can change an item's Access in its edit
screen. See User Access Levels for more information.
• Author. Name of the Joomla! User who created this item.
• Date. The date this Article was created. Joomla adds this date
automatically!But you may change it in the Publishing Options - Article
section of the Content Article Manager Edit.
• Language. Item language.