Hearing the Voice of God
4. It's All About Serving
· Lk.15:17-19 “He came to himself … “Make me to serve”
· The change in heart – from Give Me = Make Me to Serve = Great favour and blessing.
(i) Recognise Your Condition (v17) – “I perish with hunger”
(ii) Heartfelt Repentance (v18) = “I will go – I have sinned”
· Admission of his wrong and willingness to turn away.\Admission of how he had hurt others by
this self-centred attitude.
· Turn away and put it right with those we have wronged – apologise
(iii) Decision to Love and Serve others (v19) “Make me like one of your Servants”
· We cannot experience resurrection until we identify with Christ's death.
· Sins of selfishness, self- idolatry must come to the Cross.
· When we die to selfishness we are free to love and serve others.
· Dead people don't react, get offended or hurt, or walk in pride.
· There may be roots in the heart to address.
(iv) Follow Jesus “Son of Man came to serve and give His life”
· Walk in the opposite to pride – humility.
· Matt.20:26-28 “Whoever desires to become great, let him be your servant”