Fun craft projects
18. Creative Chalk Art
I just love creative art ideas for children! I am always on the
lookout for fun ideas, and just ask my kids, we are always
experimenting to find new ways to use everyday items! Here is
an inexpensive art project that offers sensational results!
Large Flat Paintbrush
1. Using newspaper, cover your workspace.
2. In a small plastic container, mix equal amounts of starch and water.
3. Give child a piece of construction paper and a paint brush.
4. Have child dip the paintbrush into the starch and brush it onto the construction paper.
5. Then using the chalk, the child can draw a design onto the wet construction paper.
Remember, let your child create whatever their heart desires!
6. When the project dries, the starch acts as a fixative and won't rub off.
This method creates beautiful art -- which definitely deserves the best spot on the refrigerator door!