Fun craft projects
16. Easy Dried Apple Crafts
Do you remember the last time you were in someone's home that
had an apple pie baking in the oven? Ahhh, the aromas of a fresh
baked pie -- it is simply irresistible! Well, now you can recreate
this delicious scent in your own home, or in the homes of your
loved ones, by making dried cinnamon scented apple crafts.
None of them are hard to make and results are wonderful! Hang
one of these on your wall and you will surely impress all of your guests.
For each apple craft, you will need
Juice of approximately 8-10 lemons
8" - 10" sturdy, heavy gauge wire (for a
8 - 10 large firm apples
Jute (for garland or apple stacker)
1 - 1 1/2 yards of ribbon or fabric
To prepare and dry your apples
1. Place lemon juice in a large bowl, and stir in salt.
2. Peel, core, and slice apples horizontally into 1/4" thick circles.
3. Soak slices in lemon juice bowl for approximately 6-10 minutes, making sure each side of
the slices has a chance to absorb some of the lemon juice.
4. Meanwhile, mix spices in a bowl and blend well.
5. Remove the slices from the bowl and place them on paper towels. Pat tops of apple slices
with paper towels.
6. Dust apples slices with spice mixture. Turn slices over and repeat on opposite side.
7. Place apples slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 150-200 degrees F for 6
hours or until completely dried. Apple slices should be slightly pliable.
To Create An Apple Wreath
1. Fold each apple slice in half, and then into quarters and thread the apples slices onto the