Fun craft projects
15. Fall Leaves Embossed Paper Bookmark
This bookmark makes a wonderful gift for the friend who loves to
read or use it yourself in your favorite book! You'll want to make
several for gifts and for yourself!
Decorative Paper (a 12” x 12” page
will make 8 bookmarks)
Fine grit sandpaper
Cardstock (coordinating or contrasting
with the paper)
Ruler and Scissors or Paper Trimmer
Small hole punch
1. Cut your decorative paper to 6” x 3” and cut your cardstock to 5” x 2”
2. Place your stencil on your illuminated light box and place the cardstock
face down on top of the stencil. Use the embossing tool to trace around
the inside edges of the designs on the stencil.
3. After all embossing is complete, use a small square of sandpaper to lightly
sand the top edges of the embossed areas.
4. Use the cotton swab to lightly brush chalk over the sanded areas – the
chalk will highlight these areas.
5. Trim the edges of the cardstock with decorative scissors, if desired.
6. Glue the cardstock to the paper – be sure to leave room at the top for the ribbon.
7. Punch two small holes, approximately 1” apart and insert the ribbon and tie with a square
Decorate with a fine-tipped marker, if desired.