Fun craft projects
11. Handmade Mulberry Paper Card
1 8.5 x 11 Yellow Mulberry Kozo Paper (heavier
1 12 x 12 Wheat Vellum
Picture (photo or scanned)
1. Trim unwanted portion of picture off (use it all if you like)
2. Fold Mulberry Paper in half
3. Cut a piece of vellum 10 x 7.5"
4. Cut another piece of vellum 3.75 x 4.5" (or the right size to matte your picture & greeting).
5. Print poem or message for inside of card on right half of large vellum (cut a piece of white
paper 10 x 7.5" and test print on it first)
6. Fold vellum in half.
7. Print message or greeting on small vellum for front of card the same way and set folded
vellum inside handmade paper.
8. Put gold thread on a needle & sew a large 'stitch' through vellum & handmade paper on the
fold to hold them together. Start at outside so you can tie the gold thread on the outside of
the card. You can also sew a small stitch starting at the inside in the top corners of the
vellum if you like (tie on inside). Alternatively vellum can be glued in place. Make sure you
choose an adhesive that won't show through the vellum.
9. Glue small piece of vellum to the front of the card. Use a glue stick or glue that won't show
through the vellum. Glue picture on the vellum below the message.
There is an endless variety of cards you can make this way by using different mulberry papers and