Design Your Own Website with WordPress
If you choose the Front Page Template widgets, it will look something like this:
As you get familiar with the functions of widgets, it gets easier to decide which you want and don’t want. Here’s a quick
overview of what the widgets are:
- Keeps all posts saved and organised.
- Shows a calendar on the website.
- Organize your post into categories which you create yourself.
? Custom Menu
- Display pages and other information by creating shortcuts (menus).
- User log-In – Site Admins and Website Links. (Will not use in this tutorial).
- Display the website’s pages. Can be customised.
? Recent Comments
- Displays all the recent comments made by visitors on posts etc.
? Recent Posts
- Displays all the recent posts made by you.
- Subscribers to RSS will receive automat notifications with every post made.
- Search the Website.
? Tag Cloud
- When tags are used, they will be displayed in a box like window. Customizable.
- Text widgets. Great resource. Use HTML to fine tune the look of a widget.
Remember, most widgets are customizable and can be moved to whatever position desired. If you are looking for more
widgets, you can browse through widgets on WordPress.org or you can install a Custom Theme with more options.
Custom themes are a great way of creating the website you want!
49 | P a g e